1) Chlorine residual – Every day, if no marked change every other day or twice per week.
2) pH level – Every day, if no marked change every other day or twice per week.
3) Total alkalinity – Every four to six weeks.
4) Calcium hardness – Every two to three months.
5) Metal content – Every two to three months.
6) Cyanuric acid, total dissolved solids – Every six months.
The pool water should be tested for chlorine residual, pH level, total alkalinity, calcium hardness, copper and iron after each rain of consequence or upon addition of more than eight inches of fresh water.